Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Lucy House
      Participant

I was just about to plant some moringa seeds that Jim and Renee brought to the last meeting. And reading through my notes from my day with Maria page (who is a font of knowledge when it comes to moringa) I realised that they need to be soaked in hot water over night. I didn’t do this last time I planted 6 seeds and only 2 came up. So I’ll try the boiling water and see how it goes. Also she suggests to keep the seed in the fridge if not planting straight away.
      Will follow up on this later on.

Troy Lowe
      Participant

I didnt soak mine and they germinated fine, cant remember the strike rate but off memory it was ok. Its been a year now and looking to get them in the ground, if only we could get some rain.

Lucy House
      Participant

Some rain would be amazing right now!! I soaked them this last time, but never have before. I’ve planted a lot so hopefully some will come up. I planted a cutting out the other day – it’s looking a little sad so I’ll have to remember to water it until it does rain.

I bought a packet of Moringa seeds from our seeds(6 I think) and didn’t soak them and managed to get 4 to come up. Was very excited! I then went away and left strict instructions to husband to water them and came back to only one alive..😔
      That is now quite large growing in a swale! My good luck story!!!!

Jo-Anne
      Participant

I have had great success, almost 100% in waiting until the soil temperature is around 25 degrees and soaking overnight or even 24 hours in a mixture of water, worm juice and seaweed for germinating Moringa seeds. It gives the seeds a great start in life.

Lucy House
      Participant

Waiting until it’s a bit warmer is defined a good idea!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar