Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Lucy House
      Participant

Has anyone else harvested their garlic yet? I pulled a few a couple weeks ago, which were my own saved garlic. Then today I harvested some more – some was some local garlic I had bought and some I bought from Green Harvest – glen large. These were the biggest bulbs harvested. The Monaro purple is still growing – I pulled some before I realised that they were not filled out and still fairly green, so I’ve left the rest in the ground.. The Italian pink is yet to be pulled, but it’s ready. I’ve given the garlic a rough plat, but this is just to be able to hang it up to cure.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Cathy
      Participant

I have to say I’m impressed. Two years ago we moved here from the far south coast of NSW, we had great success down there with our garlic but definitely not here. I would say we have failed at our garlic growing. Try again next year.

Lucy House
      Participant

Plant around Anzac Day. I didn’t prepare my soil as well as I should’ve so next year I’ll probably work on soils prep more. My cloves were bigger last year than this year.

Troy Lowe
      Participant

Well done, this was my first year here and mine was a failure although i did have naughty chickens dig them up a few times and who knew they like to eat young garlic tops 😩.

Lucy House
      Participant

Chickens like to eat (or scratch) anything. Garlic should grow well around here, but I do think I need to prepare my soil a bit better next time.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar