Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lucy House
      Participant

I’m hosting a cassava day on Saturday – haven’t got space for more people this time, but I’m also looking for other ways to use cassava. We will be preparing it to collect the tapioca starch and then using the cassava pulp in some fritters and cake. And I’ll be fermenting the pulp as well. I don’t usually use the leaf, but have heard you can cook it. I will share my “how to” in the files above and some recipes. It would be great if we can add to the conversation here.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Lucy House
      Participant

Yesterday and days like it, are one of the reasons I wanted to be a part of the permaculture group! 8 of us processed about 20kgs of cassava roots off about 6 or 8 trees. Community is very important to me and so it was wonderful to share this very productive time with like minded people! Many hands make light work! Thank you so much to all those that came. There is a document with photos and how to process cassava in the Files.

Lucy House
      Participant

Macadamia, apricot and cassava cake
      1 cup toasted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
      1 2/3 cup cassava pulp (fermented or not)
      1/4 cup coconut flour
      1/4 teaspoon salt
      zest and juice of one lemon
      1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
      1/4 cup of honey
      1/2 cup olive or coconut oil
      1 cup diced dried apricots
      1 egg
      Mix altogether and then bake in moderate oven for 20-30 minutes, or until nicely browned on top. This recipe has been adapted from one of Jo Whitton’s recipes in Simple, healing Food.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar